Wednesday 20 January 2016

Distractions (The struggle to stay focused)

Yesterday I fell for something I thought I had overcome and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I let myself get distracted and the resultant effect destabilized me a bit. While beating myself hard on loosing focus that instant, I soon realized that my strength had failed me, emotions got the better part of me and I didn’t guard my heart. Lets say I got vulnerable.


Distraction comes in varying ways and to constantly be on top of your game you have to stay focused and yet again focused. When life throws its darts at you and all your chips seem low, you need a reason to dust yourself up and move on and sometimes I barely remember that reason. The struggle to stay focused is real and I can’t say I have it all figured out yet; it’s a constant struggle.

One thing I never fail to do when this happens is to remind myself that God loves me and has a plan for me… there’s a purpose and I can’t afford to get distracted.

I would like to read your views on how you were able to overcome distractions or tackle it head on?


No comments:

Post a Comment