Tuesday 19 January 2016

Why being Sloppy?

Ever wondered why the fire that gets you started in attaining your goal suddenly begins to go off? That drive and zeal no longer exists. You see it happening and you have no idea how that fire once ignited suddenly went off.

I have been there so many times… I’ll attend one seminar or workshop and all these beautiful speeches and strong quotes get the better part of me. I get refreshed and excited about the workshop, set goals, map out plans and become determined (In my mind) about moving forward. Months later, I become sloppy about moving on with the decisions I made at the workshop, Reasons vary from;
  • Being discouraged by specific challenges,
  • I wait for ideal conditions,
  • Little or no finance,
  • I don’t know how to hustle in the sun (*shines teeth*)
  • I don’t want to get sunburns (Yes I can be that petty to allow things like this discourage me from my aspirations).
  • I am not bold enough to approach certain individuals and many more…… the list of excuses are endless.


Truth is I got sloppy in my words, actions and desire. With this in mind I begin to deter from set goals and purposes. It is okay to be sloppy sometimes, but boy! I encourage you to find your strength and pull through. If you’ve ever gotten sloppy about what you say or desire to do change your course today by changing your words and actions. Ask God today to help you set a watch over your words and actions.

Put the power that is in your tongue to work for you instead of against you. Stop using it to make messy situations rather work that goal with your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment