Sunday 24 January 2016

Hurting? Let God heal you

Honestly this is tough, but with each day comes a positive change. I’ve been at a place where I said “God, I don’t want to feel like this anymore…” I’ve said over the past week in prayer. I have been pushed to go over my strengths and weaknesses in relationships and I had to face a somewhat uncomfortable reality.
I realized that I still carried some hurt and in the past. If you have felt the same way within, you begin to realize that it’s time to stop relying on a thin layer of self-defense and take the moment to be honest with yourself.
A prayer of release is all you need, letting God know that you sincerely release holding on to any feelings that would make you uncomfortable or caught going back.
Pride will try to rise up and point the finger at everyone else who hurt you, and even if they did, you have to address how you feel and take responsibility for your healing.
I prayed a prayer of release, letting God know that today I sincerely release holding on to any feelings that would make me uncomfortable or caught going back. Often times we’re expecting an apology one day in order to be “free” from those feelings of rejection and hurt.
I don’t need an apology or closure from a person—I needed to release. This form of forgiveness allows God to be God instead of you playing the judge or author of your life’s story, needing to control every detail. You don’t have to hold onto the pain (big or small) in the past, you have every right to yield it to the Lord.
I choose to let go, despite the fact that closure may not happen the way I imagined it to be. Let God close the chapter.
We can’t receive something new in our hands if they are already occupied. Same thing with your time, attention and the space in your heart; once filled with longings for human affection and past hurt will be an open space for God to work on you and fill you with more of Him.
Here are several things to consider in your time of self-reflection:
Forgive yourself and forgive others from relationships and dating seasons that didn’t work out. You may have been hurt, cheated or flat out rejected, but forgiveness is key to moving forward. If you have done the hurting or other wrongs committed in the relationship, it’s vital to forgive yourself.
Repent to God of the things you’ve done that don’t please God. Turning away from those sins and bad habits brings you closer to God’s will for your deliverance.
Walk in your healing will take time and patience to get there. This is a daily activity of being honest with the Lord and trusting Him to heal you. His word, love and presence in your life is the source of your strength during these challenging times, and He will be for you when no one seems to understand your desire to change within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment